When you opt for a unified approach, you are choosing a seamless method of communication that links your staff, clients, and partners together in an easy-to-use platform and helps maintain a professional business identity. Moving to UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) offers a variety of advantages for almost any business.
More than ever companies search for innovative ways to enable dispersed groups and teams to communicate with one another.
Cloud communication is growing in popularity for many reasons, especially in the middle of a pandemic. It can offer improvements across several functional areas of a company, especially in SMBs. Some of the features that you get if thinking of moving to UCaaS include the following:
- Scalability: Cloud communications makes scaling your business needs easier. Adding and removing employees can be a hassle with in-house systems, especially if all of your communication methods are independent of each other. With UC you can add or remove staff members as needed. This scalability can reduce the time it takes to onboard a new employee and is especially useful for businesses that are growing quickly or have seasonal spikes in staffing, such as retailers and tax firms.UC also reduces the money you will need to spend on extra hardware you would otherwise need to support these employees. It also can eliminate stacks of servers that take up valuable space.
- Cutting-Edge Solutions: In the technology world, things change fast. Just think about how much your business operations have evolved in the past five years. Have you considered how many new tools have been added, and how you have adapted to evolving media landscapes? You will be up-to-date with automatic updates to both hardware and software. They can usually perform these updates with minimal disruptions to your workflow.
- More Resources for SMBs: The tools alone that come with UCaaS would add up significantly in an individual, third-party approach. In addition to these features, SMBs also benefit from a flexible and seamless experience. Without UCaaS, navigating multiple communications tools can be clunky and frustrating, especially without a robust IT team to keep things running smoothly.
- Ease of Budgeting: One of the primary benefits of unified cloud communications services for SMBs is the mitigation of capital expenses. Extensive hardware can be a steep cost for SMBs to deal with. By offsetting these costs via a subscription service with UCaaS, SMBs can minimize upfront expenses, making the cloud more manageable.Another component that helps in this regard is the predictable pricing model of cloud services. You don’t need to suddenly pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for new hardware if your on-site equipment fails.
- Flexibility: We’ve mentioned the ability to add and remove people from your software as needed, but UCaaS can also offer flexibility in a few other ways.You can often integrate UCaaS tools with APIs that you may already use in your workflow. APIs allow employees to use the features of your UCaaS in conjunction with other programs they may use, simplifying usage, and streamlining the process.
Another part of flexibility within UCaaS is the level of mobility that it offers your employees. They may need to spend some time working from home for a variety of reasons, like a sick child, recovery from an injury, or a pandemic like we are living now.
A cloud communication platform can make it easy for them to access everything they need from their home computers. Most of the features they need will be web-based, so as long as they have an internet connection, they can accomplish their job.
Phone calls and mobile device usage also become more manageable. Employees can make calls that display their business numbers and connect to other employees through their extensions, rather than memorizing their numbers. Best of all? UCaaS can help you develop a BYOD policy that keeps data safe and offers your employees a wide range of access options.
Conventional cloud service providers also can take care of IT needs. This approach allows you to save on costs associated with support and maintenance, staffing, and software and hardware updates.
Asignet is the technology and automation leader of Telcom & IT Lifecycle Expenses Management utilizing its patented RPA Robot process automation platform. The Asignet platform builds and monitors telecom, SaaS, Cloud, IT billing, inventory, and usage, helping global enterprises to optimize, secure, and manage all IT assets and its expenses.
Contact us for more information.